Friday, April 20, 2012

ah-maz-ing


it's been a rocky couple of weeks. one of those roller coaster periods of time where every minute brings on something new (and sometimes terrifying). when it's like this i cling to the mini moments, the ones where in all the chaos you can still laugh, or finish a good book, or get your hair cut and have someone else wash your hair (which, i must say is SUCH a luxury)...they are still present and as good as ever. 

i read this blog via one of my favorites and it got me thinking of not only those amazing moments, but those moments of pure bliss. for me those moments are often tiny. i remember this guy i totally was crushing on playing cubby bunny in my kitchen, being in new york city with my mom on my 19th birthday (i had these fabulous yellow shoes...), and a favorite favorite: when i was working at a frozen yogurt place at uva i worked with a good friend of mine and one day we must have been going crazy because (1) we kept running into each other and dropping yogurt everywhere (2) we kept on erupting in giggles (3) i may or may not have been skipping around the kitchen--anywho-- we ended the night with her driving me home blaring hip hop music from her car, windows down, singing very loudly along. it was so very perfect. 

so this weekend i'm hanging on to those moments, hoping to add more to the list. my weekend plan is to laugh hard, play, and wear my new purple pants. holler!


No comments:

Post a Comment