Saturday, December 4, 2010

my favorite things

i am not really sure when it was exactly that Julie Andrews' singing "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music became a Christmas classic, but i'm not too upset about it. i love that song and i love that scene from that movie. and if i could find it on youtube it would be attached here. 

but in homage to that song's new popularity during this lovely time of year, here are a few of my favorite things...



i totally am feeling vanilla lattes. there is something magnificent in the warmth of an espresso drink. coffee involves friends, and old vintage furniture, with great indie music humming in the background. 


MY TOMS! i cannot say enough wonderful things about Toms and my lovely purple ones. i wear with everything...mostly these cuffed dark boyfriend jeans i'm kinda obsessed with. 


these are my weakness. anyone who knows me knows that i am very worldly and giving, but when it comes to my nail polish i am a total snob! it's true. it's OPI or nothing. it is most certainly the best and worth the money you'll spend. i'm current wearing the second from the right "dark cherry chutney" a gift from my dear friend stephanie. 


winter...ahhh...i just adore it all. i love the scarves and mittens and the red noses. wool sweaters, turtlenecks, too much chapstick...there is nothing as spectacular as the world coated in white...it's the promise of perfection overwhelming the sins of the world



so what are some of your favorite things? what have i forgotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment