Monday, October 31, 2011

we put the fun in dysfunctional

stage one: my fall tree (hello construction paper!)

the leaves. it's as close to fall as i'm going to get. 

FINISHED! i had to abbreviate the family tree a litter (sorry) but you know, if my family just wasn't so complicated! :)

the peeps.

the immediate fam. the fabulous 5
the english teacher i work with at ciwara asked me to create a poster to help explain family relationships. we are soon learning the english names: "sister," "brother," "grandparent," "aunt," "uncle," etc. i think she expected a drawing of boxes with names and arrows. what i gave her was this. i am not sure she really knew what to think of it at first, it certainly wasn't what she expected or asked for, but i do believe she was quite pleased with the turnout. if only i had cemented walls and window closures to hang it up properly in the seventh grade classroom. but alas, the classroom is not finished and has holes in the walls, so that the art i did hang on the wall swiftly fell on the ground to be covered in dust and ash. bummer. 

hope you enjoy my little piece of art. i may not be an artist, but i kill classroom crafts! Hahahah!

2 comments:

  1. I did not realize you had a brother! I like your tree and I have seen on fb how much you have missed the fall season. I loved how you thought out of the box and brought fall to you lol. I love the fall season and with living in pa I get one every year. I’ll see if I can find a picture to send to you, even though fall is pretty much over now. I just had three inches of snow last weekend. Imagine that snow in October. Hope all is going well, and I will keep on reading your blog it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi anthony! yes, i have a wonderful brother and sister. we are all kinda nuts in our own ways. i'm glad you are keeping up with the blog. i'll try to check the comments more often and get writing to you more. i'm jealous of your fall and snow! even when i go home to southern cali there won't be snow! take a picture for me!

    ReplyDelete