Wednesday, January 12, 2011

melancholic mood music--video of the week



every time my brother comes home, or when i used to come home, i would beg and plea for a mixed cd. my brother has awesome taste in music and knows the best songs. this break i got my playlist.

i'm becoming a big fan of alternative rock and a genre i like to call folk pop (think bon iver). and classics like U2, madonna (i'm eclectic, i can dig it).

so in this mixed cd my brother introduced me to blue october, the band in the music video. their song "hate me" is really dark and twisty and so true. it's the real story behind needing space, letting go, and the sadness sometimes behind "it's not you, it's me."

if loving someone means letting them go, maybe this is a song everyone can relate it.

or maybe it's just me...

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your blogs, very lovely and inspiring. This post deserved a comment, being that I was the subject, once again. Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete