Monday, April 11, 2011

the way we were...

the weekend started with rooting on some old wahoos at uva springfest's vermonster. it was intense.

us cavs, we take our ice cream seriously

ruffin hall, the studio art building. aka where i became me...

this is my favorite! the sculpture hallway. where one of my best friends and i became BFFS

MAS. artichoke and goat cheese and the best bread like ever. 

i managed eating everything on my plate just fine

savoy. the sister i chose to have. 

we may have had winter weather in april, but no one told the daffodils. 

chris, becks, me. the eye of the storm. they keep me sane and laughing. we are definitely a force of nature. 

coffee tastes better in charlottesville. 

me and savoy. 

oh charlottesville, how i will miss you!

i spent the past weekend in charlottesville visiting some old friends before i went to california (and then mali). it was bittersweet. wonderful to be back where so much good happened, sad to see it all so different (either the place or me...that is a whole other conversation). i only spent the night, but it was simply lovely. my friends were overtly good to me. 

(1-2) savoy and i started out at uva's springfest. yes, i went to springfest after i graduated, but c'est la vie. one of her roomies was taking part in the vermonster and we went to cheer her team on. we got wrapped up in all the free food and music. who doesn't love fresh friend chicken and doughnuts?

(3-4) in typical r2m (though at the moment it was just r/m) fashion, we spent friday evening at the art quad admiring the fifth year fellows studio art end of the year show. it was truly a great exhibition and totally reminded me of all the time i spent over there as an art history major with friends in all over the art department. 

(5-7) late night at one of our favorite belmont spots. mas is perfection each and every time. 

(8) downtown charlottesville farmer's market. is there any other way to spend saturday morning? i bought from my favorite bakery. yum-o!

(9-11) friends at mudhouse downtown. coffee and conversation is the epitome of my college experience. 

(12) april flowers. change is in the air along with the incoming warmth of spring...

listen to barbara sing it

No comments:

Post a Comment