Wednesday, September 21, 2011

easy for her to say

Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco CA

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” Mary Anne Radmacher

I'm having a moment. My internet is taking FOREVER. Everything and everyone is driving me crazy. I got unnerved by kids in the street who insisted on following me home (and then got yelled at my my 76-year-old Nana). I am hot. I smell. And I have to go home and do laundry. Worse, I have to clean my sheets. It needs to rain. I have to buy some groceries, hopefully the tomato stand lady is still around.

I want to take the longest shower ever. I want someone else to make my dinner. I want to read fashion magazines lounging in front of air conditioning. I want to sleep. I want to be clean and smell yummy and not swat at a fly or mosquito. 

So tonight I'm going to run my errands. I'm going to smile. I'm going to lock my doors and blast American music and sing along as I do my laundry. I'm going to take a long shower. I'm going to turn on all the fans. I'm going to think about using my last can of tuna for dinner. I'm going to go to bed early and not feel guilty. 

I am going to take some very long deep breaths. 
And I am going to try again tomorrow. 

Du courage. Du courage. 

1 comment: