Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How To: Laundry

drying rack. clothes line. sting tied across my bed. whatever you call it, it's where the wet clothes chill.  
washers! the buckets to which i clean with. small bucket on left is filled with bleach water as i try to brighten my whites. the green bucket is done with for the moment and drying pleasantly. 

washing! cargo pants. they are a pain to wash. but not as big of a pain as sheets. i hate sheets. 

my handy dandy washboard 
soap. like tide. only more hands on

i'm lucky enough to have a fan which acts as my dryer. most people wash and hang their clothes outside but i live with way too many peeps so i stash away in my bathroom and do my laundry in my own room.


one of the big questions as i was leaving to come to mali (right next to, how do you go to the bathroom) was "how will you do your laundry?!" i thought now would be a good time for a little show and tell. this is really how i do my laundry.

it's usually morning on one of my non-workout days. though if you have every done laundry by wash board you know that it is a work out in and of itself. i like to do laundry in the morning to get it done with and that way it has all day to dry. I use my bathroom and the buckets you see above. it's quite a good system i have going at this point. i've started doing laundry twice a week so that it doesn't seem so daunting, though i'm not sure how long that will last because i really hate doing it period. (and i never really know if it's clean or just smells like soap...TMI?)

let's just say that in two years i am finding an apartment with a washer and dryer. i'm going to love that thing like no other washer and dryer has been loved. and hopefully, never complain about laundry again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment