Tuesday, July 31, 2012

speaking of the midwest...


So, while we are on the topic of some Midwest loveliness…I’m moving to Michigan! Oh, yes really. I’ll be leaving Indiana in about two weeks to move to Traverse City. (If you hold your hand in the mitten that is the state of Michigan, I’ll be at the pinky.) Just outside Traverse City, there is a little town called Interlochen and in said town there is an arts school called Interlochen Arts Academy. There, I will a hall counselor for some number of high school girls. I am super duper excited and incredibly nervous. I am happy to be working with teenagers, and artsy teenagers at that! A friend of mine keeps asking if I am prepared to live in the woods legitimately in the middle of nowhere; I keep on laughing (it’s funny because it is probably so true!) and hoping I am ready. Ready for the snow, ready for the cold, ready to meditate by the water and have my days filled with silly drama and real big issues.

And yet I’m so nervous!

So stay tuned as I chronicle life post Peace Corps. Life at a boarding school. Life with health insurance.

It’s gonna be a wild ride!

Again.
must get one of these T-shirts! Michigan T's for EVERYONE!!

t-shirts via Cup of Jo 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job. And health insurance! I hope you really enjoy it. I still think you're meant for bigger things, but you're young, and there's plenty of time. Just be happy and live a mindful life. Michigan - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think my new motto is to "live mindfully" i should write that down somewhere...

    ReplyDelete