Friday, March 8, 2013

+

I’m having one of those days where I’m just over it. I’m over it all. Over the rut I’ve gotten myself in, over the drowning of frustrations in ice cream and giant cookies, tired of overthinking those small conversations, tired of holding back, tired of hiding.

I find myself stuck in the middle of the road and I’m the only one there. It’s that scene from Sleepless in Seattle where Meg Ryan sees Tom Hanks across the highway and freezes. I wish I could tell you how I got here. It was somewhere after the stomach flu I think.

As of right now, I’m resolving to put all of that to an end.  There will be no more.

Maybe that means I have to hide for a couple of days in order to resituate. Maybe that means I push through until break begins and I can really escape. Maybe that means tomorrow’s run will be that much better because I’ll get the chance to literally run away from my problems.

I will not waste time, or wallow, or fear action.

Somehow, we will all figure this out. 


image via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment