Tuesday, September 11, 2012

oh vey

there is so much to tell you. my life. my kids. how somewhere along the way i really did become a mother to 36 teenagers and they have me wrapped around their finger already.

but for right now i'm going to totally sound like a mom and say i'm going to stop doing my hair.

ok, so maybe not permanently, but i just read this post and it's inspired me. because it seems like when i let it all go, when i just breathe, the day just goes so much better. and this is northern michigan after all, home of the wind and the cold, and forcing my hair to be perfect is just too much.

so i'm stopping. at least for this week. i'll braid it and untangle it, i'll let it do its thing out of the shower, i'll twist, i'll clip, but i'm putting down the hair dryer and the curling brush.

because right now i have 36 teenagers.

embracing the first day of flannel. and messy hair. 


No comments:

Post a Comment