Saturday, May 11, 2013

twenty-five

When I was 16 turning 25 sounded huge, actually it sounded old. Not old, but like, established and settled and all those things you associate with adults.

Last Saturday I turned 25. It sounds weird to say it out loud still, but there you go, it happened. And it’s not as old, settled, or established as I once thought. In fact, being 25 feels really young. It feels like I’m at the precipice of something, of life, of mistakes, heartbreak, and pure awesomeness.

I’ve done some pretty great things these past twenty-five years. I have become this very opinionated, compassionate, forceful, passionate, loud, expressive person. I have some horrible taste in music and television; really expensive taste in clothing; I like too much chocolate and coffee with whipped cream.

To be honest, turning twenty-five wasn’t as scary as I thought. It’s really exciting and full of endless possibilities.

And maybe if there is a little bit of “settling” it’s that I’m settling into myself, and really that can never happen too early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment