Thursday, November 4, 2010

drizzle

Today is one of those lovely rainy days. I guess its more lovely because I don't have to walk in it, go out in it, and really all I have to do is sit inside and watch it rain through the window because I am still sick and planted on the couch. But I absolutely love the rain. And I always have. I think it all started when I lived in Seattle and the rain was a part of daily life, but the upside to all the rain was all the green and it smelled so good.

If you are not as lucky as I am today and have to go out in the rain, as I will eventually, there are things you can do to make the rain fun and not such a bother. (Of course, the first thing is a positive attitude! Don't let it get you down!)
I love these Hunter boots. They are short so they don't come up as high as most of the rain boots out there, but that works well for me because I could never find rain boots that fit well enough. These solved all my problems! And they keep my feet dry.

This is my umbrella. What is so fabulous is that it is small enough to put in my purse or back pack on those days when you're convinced it will rain at some point, but it is also big enough to cover you when the downpour really does occur.

The one thing I don't have and really, REALLY want is the perfect rain slicker. It seems so hard to find one lined, but not lined in flannel. I don't want it to stick to me, and I want to be able to wear it in the warmer weather. And I'm not sure bright yellow is something I can "grow up" in. Ideas?

And if you are driving in inclement weather...PLEASE drive safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment