Friday, November 12, 2010

what would elizabeth do?


This past week Elizabeth Smart started testifying in her trial against her kidnappers eight years ago. My Mom and I were talking about it because Elizabeth is just about my age and her younger sister Mary Katherine who shared a room together is my sister's age. The whole family is amazing in my eyes--the grace, poise, strength, determination, faith--its all there. And yet, behind the perfection, they had this amazingly horrific thing happen. The whole situation made me think about how lucky I am, how the simple things really are everything.

So, Thanksgiving isn't the only time to be thankful. I'm starting early.

What I'm thankful for:
  • My family and their happiness
My wonderful and totally dysfunctional family! Bobby, Laura, Mom, Me, Dad
University of Virginia Commencement 2010
  • My Mom--three years breast cancer free (total remission is in 5! so close!)
  • My Dad has come back from every deployment
  • I got to go to college (UVA 2010)
  • All my friends (R2M, DUAD, The Eye of the Storm)
  • R2M
    Para Coffee
    (photo: Barrie Humphries :)
DUAD
UVA Art History Commencement
(We were reenacting Star Wars...duh)


The Eye of the Storm (minus me) Chris and Becks
Mas Restaurant Charlottesville



In the midst of Veterans Day why wait till Thanksgiving to look at what you are thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment